Friday, January 29, 2010

Bettane & Desseauve

Following Thierry Desseauve’s visit, who came to re-taste our bottled 2007 and 2008 pre-bottling for « Le Grand Guide des Vins de France », it was the opportunity for the whole Saint Emilion sales team to taste and comment these wines.

Unanimously, Clos du Beau Père 2008 stood out being so delicious, soft, almost like 2009. We enjoyed drinking this wine so much that I drank it for dinner with Murielle the same day…
Also chosen by my team Blanc N° 1 « Murielle » 2008 and Clos Badon. For me La Dominique 2008, which we drank the next with our meal : old roses, heavy and warm, caramel and power, rare in this part of Saint Emilion. A success… I could have told you, actually I can prove it having bought a large amount of cases en primeur for my wholesale business.

No comments: