Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Little visit in Pauillac

Tuesday at 1pm, I had a meeting in the Café-Restaurant Lavinal in Bages with the manager of a top chateau in the Medoc for a nice meal, of course, and talk about the relationship between my wholesale business and this great chateau. We’ve been long term clients of this chateau, but like many other crus in Bordeaux, they didn’t know our wholesale activities. In general, this work is done by brokerage firms, but often, they choose the easy way by only selling today’s 10 or 15 biggest wholesalers…

So, in this restaurant, I had the pleasure to drink a glass of Châteauneuf du Pape white from Domaine des Senechaux, a property Jean-Michel Cazes acquired in 2007. He told me that he wanted to visit our property in the Roussillon, and has always been very friendly with Murielle and I.
I must have made a big impact in this busy brasserie dressed in my robe of Commandeur loaned by Jean-Michel Cazes to represent La Commanderie du Bontemps Médoc during the feast for the Jurade, next Sunday!
Too bad that Pauillac is so far from Saint Emilion.

Christian Dalbavie arrived at 4:45 pm in Bordeaux Merignac airport and on our way back to St Emilion, we visited our vineyards which we have in tenant farming in Genissac, followed by a simple dinner served with a high end cheese from Holland: 1 year old Reypenaer and drank a bottle of Bulgarian wine produced by, I believe, Marc Dworkin: Enira Reserve 2006, quite good – with 14.7% ! A bit like an Australian wine. I don’t know the sales price but I’m afraid that it is not going to be expensive…

On another note : for a while, I was looking for the name of one of the most famous Perigordan and Christian told me that « Sylvain Floirat was the reason why I moved to the USA”…

No comments: