Tuesday, January 13, 2009

13

Feasts, friendship, esoterism

Yesterday I had a meeting with friends in Blaye from 7 pm to 10 pm followed by a simple dinner eaten quickly before going home.
For this occasion, I provided the wines which were greatly enjoyed: Compassant 2004, great quality/price ratio, and a double magnum of Haut Mazeris 2005, also very good.

In the meantime, at home, Murielle prepared a very good meal for our friend Peter Sisseck (Pingus) and a couple of friends:
Big and fresh black truffle from Dordogne served on toast, big farm chicken roasted with celery, Belgium endives from my father-in-law’s garden, cheese and fruits.
For this dinner, I served wines of a different level: Krug brut grande cuvée, Valandraud 1998 and Mouton Rothschild 1998, La Mondotte 2000 (very very good, according to Peter and Murielle) and Dominus 1994, unfortunately corked!

Today is the 13.
This number gives me good luck and is a good sign, for I have a hard time with esoterim, but regarding the number 13, I accept all its positive signs for I believe it is a good number for me. Vive the 13!

Below, I included a short message from Jacques Berthomeau:
Sorry for this hello but as this blog is well read, I wanted to take this opportunity to pass this information, thanks Jean-Luc.

Dear members from Bordeaux and this beautiful region.

January 13 at 8:30 pm, I will host a lecture with the following guests: Erik Thévenod-Mottet (Agridea, Suisse), Filippo Randelli, economist in Florence and Raphaël Schirmer (Bordeaux 3 MA geographer) :

Café géo which will take place at Café Castan, 2 quai de la Douane (next to Place de la Bourse, same tram stop).

Theme: “Wine in the 21st Century, a look at modernity (Switzerland, Italy, France)”

Hope to see you. Bring your friends, girlfriends, boss, mother-in-law, whoever you want as we will make a toast and remake the world…


In the meantime, Chateau Bel Air Ouÿ was starring on Japanese TV:

No comments: