Monday, October 25, 2010

Thursday

I was invited by Jean Michel Cazes for lunch with a few colleagues wholesalers, winemakers and of course a few brokers, in his 2 stars Michelin restaurant in the Château Cordeillan Bages.
As I arrived earlier, as usual, I exchanged a few words with Jean Michel Cazes about our opinion on this 2010 vintage, some news and plan to finally visit his property in the Roussillon.
He is constantly creating, moving forward. An example of how to be at 75 years old to stay young, I admire him.
I was sitting at the “Saint Emilion” table (all the tables had the name of an appellation), at my right Michel Tesseron, owner of the famous Chateau Lafon Rochet with whom I always enjoy spending time.
Our table was somewhat dissipated, proof that in the Medoc, a person from the Right Bank (not more, lets not exaggerate) can be warmly received.

I had a great time, prior, I stopped by Lynch Bages to taste and eat a few grapes of Cabernet Sauvignon forgotten on a vine, delicious.
I also sopped by my property in Margaux, Bellevue de Tayac, where the fermentation vats smelled very good.
In the afternoon, I returned to Saint Emilion and had the visit of a Belgium importer, Patrick Lelièvre, and some of his clients who flew to Bordeaux to visit chateaux. The wines they have in their cellars now have a picture. Young and curious, they were able to see Valandraud during the harvest.

For dinner, 2 couples, friends for a meal prepared at home by Mumu.
Valandraud Blanc N°1 2008, closed, Puligny Montrachet 2006 Etienne Sauzet, with a bit of sweetness, pleasant softness, a very good wine.
Quinta Sardonia 2006, always good and Pingus 2006. One can understand the myth when such a young wine can already show so much class.
Following, Pavie 2003, then a bit of our Fine Bordeaux from Valandraud and a bottle (offered by our Brazilian friends) from Vale Verde Cachaça from Brazil, very good, even as a digestive.

No comments: