Monday, December 1, 2008

Seoul

1st day in Seoul : I had a good meal in a trendy restaurant with a bad bottle of Aloxe Corton from a negociant I don’t even remember the name – for lack of being recognized. Fortunately, I had a very good Cheval Noir 2005, a Saint Emilion Grand Cru from a negociant who could be proud of his wine (Mahler Besse, co-owner of Palmer).

While waiting for next Monday to cure my sore throat, I went to a Korean, or Chinese, doctor – acupuncture and ginseng + massage - and business meetings with our importer.

The hotel is OK with big rooms and TV5 to help me fight jetlag.
« Vive les voyages qui forment la jeunesse » (travelling makes you young)… as the French saying goes. In my case, travelling has been getting the best of my youth.

Once more, the journey via Helsinki on FINNAIR was more than an hour late.
Murphy’s law I suppose.

2nd day (Sunday): very good business meeting. Many good Korean employees work on Sunday to catch-up and prepare the coming week.
The 35 hour week is more like the 50 hour week.

No comments: