Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cru bourgeois

Yesterday, I attended the meeting of the Alliance des Crus Bourgeois du Médoc at the Château Clément Pichon, to try to keep the Cru Bourgeois term alive (it had been such a nice PR tool). I tried to keep a spirit of consensus including with the properties excluded from the last classification, hoping to reinstate the mention Cru Bourgeois as quickly as possible. Then, what about the classification? I am not the kind of person who would be in charge of any official organizations, trade unions, but I admire the commitment of those who are involved in them and who often receive for their efforts blows below the belt or jealous behavior. My god it is difficult to take care of other people’s business! In any case, I liked the constructive atmosphere of this assembly which had all the reasons to be edgy!

Following, I visited the vineyards to make an assessment of this year’s yields, Bellevue de Tayac (30 hectos/ha), Lalande Couturier Bordeaux from my daughter (40 hecto ?), Haut Mazeris (less than 40 hecto), Haut Carles (less than 30 hectos), Carles (40 hecto), La Dominique (40 hecto), Valandraud (less than 30 hecto), and other vineyards in Saint Emilion will be less than 40 hecto. At least we won’t be responsible for the surplus of production!

No comments: