Monday, September 17, 2007

Strong begining!

This weekend, I participated to a blind tasting dinner with Caroline and Léo (Clos Léo) and their friends. Everyone liked the wines and guest Saint Emilion; however, the vintage was rarely found.
The wines were:
Château Lucia 2001, Château Quinault L’Enclos 2000, Château Pas de L’Ane 1999, Lynsolence 1998 and Gracia 1997 (we had 2 bottles of L’Hermitage 1997 corked, too bad! I hope they changed their cork supplier!)
We also had a Valandraud blanc n° 1 from 2004 and a Quintessence 2001 from la Coume del Mas.


The end of the week was quite busy, if you include the lunch I had at Le Presbitère in Montagne with 2 glasses of wine and a good Fronsac 2001, plus on Wednesday 12 in the evening, I attended an event hosted for wholesalers, brokers and neighbors by Chateau Léoville Poyferré with a tasting of multitudes of vintages (we loved 2003). It was the opportunity to meet several colleagues with whom I do business either for my wines, my wholesale business or the Vignobles Fayat.

Today at 11 am, I was in the Medoc attending the Association Biturica where the Chateau Clément Pichon joigned some of the best crus “Bourgeois” from the Medoc.

At 4pm, I met a American journalist and a TV in Saint Emilion, Andreas Larsson will be here at 6pm and at

7:30 pm, I will be going to an event organized for the “Foire aux vins” in the Auchan Lac.
Tomorrow morning, I will greet a group of Dutch clients and have lunch with them.
And so on…

In the meantime, the harvest for our whites is still going on and in Pomerol and Saint Emilion, a few crus are starting to pick the first Merlots. The weather is still good… Tanks to Saint Rita and the Açores anticyclone.

No comments: