Friday, September 2, 2011

RVF : spare the rod and spoil the child.

I forgot to thank the RVF for including the picture of a display in our shop L’Essentiel as background in two pages of the article “Saint Emilion, backstage of a high risk classification”; I can only see there a subliminal message, a sign. The photo, blurred like a Hamilton, hides the beauty of our bottles, suggesting all the unsaid in the article - or the classification?
Note that my 2008 and 2009 were not included in the inside pamphlet among wines tasted by Antoine Gerbelle. We probably didn’t provide any 2008 and as for the 2009 they were not yet bottled, so it’s normal they were not included. I must point out that Antoine Gerbelle, like Olivier Poels, likes “normal” wines, with almost no oak, not too concentrated and with grapes not too ripe. Notes and comments being sometimes out of sync: just read the comment on the Chateau Fonroque 2009, with 15/20, compared to the comments of Chateau l'Arrosee, also 15/20, to understand

Fortunately for me they are not in charge of the classification, though I will ask them where do they imagine Valandraud .... if a place exists?

No comments: