Friday, February 12, 2010

End of the crisis ?

Is the crisis over? I have several lunches and dinners booked with clients and wine enthusiasts. This busy schedule reminds me great years.

Drank with our meals :
Chassagne Montrachet 1er cru 2007 from Vincent Dancer (Tête du clos, 3000 bottles produced), quite astonishing, good, could even be called airy, a bit citrusy, really good.
Valandraud 1995 : Murielle said 2005, Xin 1998, our Chinese guest (future critic ?) said 1996. It was Valandraud 1995 , one of the nicest bottles drank at home, incredible youthful, with all sorts of spices, curry, cloves, pepper, blackberries with cinnamon, a bomb. AS Jean Marc Quarin regularly says, there is no great wine without a great bottle, and this one was superb.
It wasn’t a bottle left in my cellar since being bottled as at that time , I was so poor I had to sell everything… everything. So I bought these bottles either in Bordeaux, Switzerland or in Germany. I cannot verify how far the 132 bottle I bought travelled. They are now in my cellar.

Visit of Cheval Blanc where the work on the new cellar started and will be inaugurated in May 2011 ?
It will be superb , The talent of the architect Mr Christian de Portzamparc will be able to satisfy even the most demanding statements like “you should have done this, or that…”. Chic and simple. Classy.

No comments: