Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vinexpo, suite

On several occasion during the gala dinners I attended and had to introduce myself, I heard the following reactions: “is that you?” or “of course” or ”I should have recognized you”. When these kinds of comments come from charming guests, it provides the conversation with a touch of humor.
Bankers I shared the meal with at Ducru Beaucaillou as well as Issan, where simply happy to be attending, for it was a welcome change to their environment. The wine world can be pleasant and not as closed as being said.

In Le Monde – June 30th 2009 supplement, 4 pages on Saint Emilion, the unclassifiable as per Mister JP Gené, with true comments on the classification (again). He also talks a bit about my story.

Haut Carles 2006 seemed to have been well positioned during the last tasting of Bordeaux 2006 by the Grand Jury Européen. Finally Fronsac will not only be known for wine with a good quality price ratio but also to for great Bordeaux, simply on the same level to great Saint Emilion or Pomerol.

No comments: