Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fête de la Fleur at château d'Issan in Margaux

Wednesday and Thursday had less attendance in Vinexpo.
More came to our stand – Vinexpo 2009 was the first one we did solo and therefore we prepared seriously for several months.
We made good contacts with clients already listed and especially good prospects.

Wednesday, we went to bed after 2 am. Thursday was a bit hard but I get so much pleasure doing this job. Especially when the night before, I was able to tell Alain Chamfort (who was also invited at Château Ducru Beaucaillou) that I am, we are, his “groupies”.

Thursday evening, La Commanderie was receiving Sophie Marceau and Christophe Lambert, ministers and other politicians, journalists from all over the world, wholesalers and Bordeaux property owners, importers and the best sommeliers in the world. More than 1500 people shared this traditional event to close Vinexpo with a flourish.
At my table, 3 bankers (I need at least that many), the Japanese journalist from Yomiuri Shinbun based in Paris, Karl-Axel Svensson (Swedish journalist), Barbara Engerer, Murielle and I.
We drank Haut Bailly, Lagrange, Mouton Rothschild, Issan, Climens (after whites from Graves before dinner).
The atmosphere was very friendly, probably the setting, the place and its owners. I wore my smoking (still being fitted). I am happy to be (finally…) part of this nice family, even if Right Bank and Left Bank can still oppose each other in a new location. In any case, we went to bed late, way too late.
It was tough to be on top at the office.

No comments: