Sunday, March 18, 2012

A

Thursday, I had a meeting at 9:30 am near Bordeaux in a property I was hired to consult for by attorneys to understand the management of a winery and wine sales.

At noon, I met up with Peter Sisseck who happened to be in Saint Emilion, for a meeting at Domaine de l'A with Christine and Stéphane Derenoncourt and visited the vineyards, the cellars, taste the 2011, 2010 and 2009 vintages in their tasting room and other vintages during lunch. Fellow merchants and a broker were present.

We had a nice meal in their beautiful and peaceful house. Everything was really good, and perhaps it was a subliminal message, I loved the 2004, 2008 and 2002, and therefore, I can imagine that 2011 will be another success from this vintage. I must add that all the wines were remarkably young, no sign of old age, proof that they have a great terroir and talent, but that was already a known fact.

No comments: