Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tastings

Last Tuesday I was invited for lunch by my bank, the BNP, in the restaurant La Cadène which, as always, is still good and with a nice atmosphere. We drank a bottle of Clos Badon 2004.
My banks have been true partners and they are indispensible to loan the necessary funds I need to finance the credits I give to my clients and my investments.

In the evening, and instead of watching Mondovino, we had dinner at home with friends and even though Murielle made, as always, a nice meal, we had a hard time tasting the wines.
Is it due by the atmospheric pressure? The Azores anticyclone? Who knows!
La Mordorée Blanc Lirac 2005 : corked
Pavillon Blanc du Chateau Margaux 2001 : good
Blanc de Valandraud N°1 2005 : very good
Pingus 2000 en magnum : bad cork, difficult to taste
Pavie 2000 : good
Monbousquet 2000 : good
Haut Brion 2000 : good
Mission Haut Brion 2000 : corked
Branon 2000 : very good
Echézeaux DRC 2000 : very good
Porto Krohn LBV

No comments: