Tuesday, January 4, 2011

End of the year meal

I never saw so many bottles opened in such a short time (2 days), for in addition to a New Year’s Eve dinner at a friend, we followed with an extraordinary lunch the next day at 2pm at Alain Dutournier’s Pinxo, rue d’Alger in Paris then dinner at the Chinese restaurant Passy Mandarin at 10pm!

Every time, many young and older wines have problems with corks, including the magnum of Interdit de Valandraud 2000 I brought. It was majorly corked! Good timing as I am meeting the cork manufacturer this week.

All the guests were wine lovers, some major collectors and it was surprising to see so many different opinions, despite such professionalism.
As for me, I loved Prelude Champagne from Taittinger, Hermitage La Chapelle 2003 from Jaboulet, a surprising Chambeyron 1969 Côte Rôtie, Cos d’Estournel 1998, Ausone 1952 and a whole series of Champagne drank at the restaurant Pinxo.

Happy New Year for all!

No comments: