Friday, June 27, 2008

Cardinale

Bordeaux est en fête from June 26 to 29. Wine is again honored for the 6th time in this magnificent city.
Even the Commanderie du Bontemps from the Right Bank is going to Bordeaux (this is a sign), to attend this feast where more than 1000 guests, wine professionals, stars, politicians (them too) gather for a prestigious dinner honoring the fine wines of the Left Bank.
Guest being honored will include: Claudia Cardinale – another sign considering that Florence Bontemps-Decoster (from Château Fleur Cardinale) and Murielle Andraud (Château Valandraud) will also be enthroned as well as Yasmina Benguigui, Charles Berling, Stéphane Freiss, Stéphane Bern, Françoise Laborde and Patrick Poivre d’Arvor.
“Que du beau linge” (the right group of people), an expression my mother used to say.

Well, I would like to note that I joined the Commanderie du Bontemps a short time ago, and it will be the first time I participate to an event as Commander (and my 3rd time if you take in account the times I attended as guest).
In 2006, there was 350 000 visitors in this Fête des Vins. A record to be beaten.

No comments: