Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The best wines of France in 2008

In the last reference guide published by Revue du Vin de France, Valandraud still has 2 stars and I am happy that Ducru Beaucaillou received it’s 3rd star to reward them for the work they’ve put in the last few years.
2 stars is not so bad, if I compare my wine with the classified growths looking to claim a 3rd star.
Château La Dominique received 1 star. I hope I will be getting a 2nd one in the near future.
Château Fleur Cardinale received 1 star for this wine recently classified.
Haut Carles, 1 star. It will also deserve a 2nd one if journalists want to reward the work put into it.
Château La Commanderie de Mazeyres is listed, which is a good beginning… As well as the wines produced by Guillaume Quéron (Villa Mongiron) and Château Clément Pichon.
Also listed in the Roussillon is my joint venture Thunevin-Calvet.

Tonight, tasting with the group LPV33 and Gilles.

No comments: