Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Here we go...

On March 21, the newspaper Sud-Ouest, published an article written by Jean-Pierre Tamisier on the wine industry’s relationship between Japan and Bordeaux.

Last Sunday my father-in-law celebrated his birthday: 82 years old and in good health. For lunch, we served Blanc N°2 de Valandraud, Valandraud red 2009 and 2010, Bellevue de Tayac 2009 and the first asparagus, delicious.
My main supplier of barrels gave me a 2007 magnum of a dry white wine from the Valais region in Switzerland made with Arvine: either we drank it too late or, as the Swiss would say: the wine is heavy, no interest.

Beautiful weather expected all week, that's good as the tastings are starting in the next few days: Wine Advocate, Wine Spectator and today the classified growths of Saint Emilion and Bordeaux and tomorrow, the UGC and La Dominique on the 24th, the 5 in Smith Haut Lafite this Friday, here we go ...

I tasted Petit Faurie de Souchard 2010, such fruit, pleasure. Bravo! But I am not a journalist, only a small negociant.

I received and read a book written by Gilles Berdin, in the serie Around a bottle, on Philippe Raoux/La Winery (Elytis publishing). I read it quickly, a vivid portrait underlined by the injury felt by all the pieds noirs from Algeria and this nostalgérie we all feel.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hello! Your blog is really interesting.
I just wanted to add my little contribution by indicating that the "Autour d'une bouteille avec..." series translates as "Sharing a Bottle With...' in English.
Keep up the good work!
Tara