Tuesday, March 1, 2011

End of the “holidays”

A week without Cécile and the blog is on holidays

My week was low key prior to a trip to Kiev in Ukraine and Frankfurt Germany.

In some of last week’s highlights, I read another surprising comment on Saint Emilion’s classification which should be kept for the record? Does one of the candidates for 1st Grand Cru Classé A still needs a few more years?
I had few visitors, some wanting to distribute my wines, others wanting me to consult in a faraway land and a few requests to taste some 2010 Bordeaux.
We had lunch at Chai Pascal and drank Jamet 2007 Côte Rotie which was simply delicious and far better than a 2000 I drank recently, paired with a very good cassoulet. This bad weather calls for comfort food.

Thursday 24, general meeting of my company and related companies: my notaire, my business attorney, my accountants with their bosses, our consultant, our auditors ... Anyway, we were 10 at our table following a very good meeting which took place between 11 am and 1:30 pm. We started with a truffle omelet, followed by braised beef with carrots and potatoes and to finish, Macao, chocolate cake from Lopez in Libourne, well known to our table. We drank Blanc No. 2 2007, Baby Bad Boy 2009, Fayat Thunevin-Pomerol 2008, Valandraud 2005 which is just beginning to open, and after, blind, Petrus 2006. Murielle guessed it by its complex aromas of violets and because it’s been a while since she tasted it. Our accountants got close, one identified Pomerol, the other was afraid to say "Petrus". Well, in any case it was elegant and enjoyable, even when nobody knew its identity.
At the end, 2007 Maury from Calvet Thunevin paired with chocolate cake and coffee and our Fine Bordeaux (what’s left)!

No comments: