Thursday, August 23, 2012

Strategies

I now have a lot of questions to answer!

Will I need to go back to an “open” market distribution system while preserving a few exclusive customers or carry on with direct distribution as I currently have with a few colleague wholesalers? I will ask a few brokers and Bordeaux wholesalers as well as some of my clients. Strategic choices to sell my Bordeaux wines have become more complex over time as I am as well a wholesaler, a colleague and competitor. A difficult position to be in.

The big question is also which strategy to choose; offensive, defensive? Should I increase the size if my properties or reduce them? Increase or decrease the wholesale business? Choose autonomy at all cost or find a partnership, with who and why.

It is now time to choose the path to move forward.

No comments: