Saturday, May 7, 2011

Jurade

I attended a meeting of our trade organization for the preparation, presentation of a rare event for 32 people. June 18, the reception I will participate in as Jurat alongside 70 already appointed will be a powerful moment. For its symbolic, political and friendly meaning.

It is certain that when I arrived in 1984 in Saint Emilion, I had never imagined being part of this Jurade who, more than a brotherhood, is a living component of the history of wine in Saint Emilion. It was founded, and this is not folklore, in 1199 to defend the city, its people and its wines.

There will be a beautiful flower festival, the day before Vinexpo, with over 800 guests for the meal and our new role in the collective life of this jurade, knowing that I already had the pleasure of being appointed Commander (due to my status as a wholesaler and left bank owner) and being part of the Commanderie du Bontemps du Médoc, Graves, Sauternes and Barsac.

Thank you to those helping move the lines, these glass ceilings (Glass Ceiling)

No comments: