Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chance, concordance, synchronicity

Marc Dworkin, consultant winemaker in various countries including China told me that 200 millimeters of rain fell just before the harvest. This confirms my belief that we’ve been lucky in the past few years with the good climate we’ve experienced in Bordeaux. Once more: 2011 is looking to be a very good vintage.

Marc Dworkin was the first one who, at the time when he was in charge of Chateau Larmande, introduced me to ripe cabernet sauvignon and franc, without this flavor of green pepper, which seemed to be typical at that time.

Aromas of candied orange were a revelation for me as one of the components of ripe Cabernet and stayed etched in my memory for a long time. I know that some prefer green pepper in their cabernet, but for me, I prefer to eat green peppers in my salad, everybody has their own taste.

Chance and the synchronicity of events made that Jacques Salle, a former bio-dynamic winemaker in Quincy and boss of a wine magazine (Vintage International) called me this evening. Marc Dworkin Introduced us a long time ago in the restaurant “Le Bord d’Eau” in Fronsac.

No comments: