Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chinese

More than 30 Chinese students from the private business school COEP in Bordeaux (wine tourism course?) and accompanied by a French teacher, paid us a visit. This young group plus my staff and I proceeded to the garage, the historic conduit of my story. Following the usual photo op, we went to l’Essentiel for on hands-on practice and tasting along with a French couple looking for good wine at a good price.

For more than 3 years, we are able to offer private customers and tourist competitive prices, the proof being that many locals purchase wine regularly from us.
Meanwhile, a few Chinese customers rented two rooms at Chateau Valandraud in Saint Etienne de Lisse.

Also, today was a big day for the financial activities of my company, some bankers are more reactive than others and this time, BNP’s managers granted me a loan at a very good rate. Along with the Credit Lyonnais and Societe Generale, my banks believe that 2012 will be prosperous for my business, although, as always, cash flow to fund all these vineyards, stocks, etc... has been tight.


The day I won’t need banks, it will be a bad sign: it will mean that I won’t be so entrepreneurial and I don’t see it happen!

No comments: