Tuesday, February 14, 2012

3 girls and 1 boy

What a nice title for this group I met at the Cordon Bleu’s tasting school in Paris and who came to shoot a film - I did not really understand the exact theme.

In any case, it was a great opportunity to eat and drink with wine lovers who are not bored but are happy and joyful. They had the chance to see St. Emilion in the snow, which makes it even more beautiful if it was ever needed.

Saint Emilion seduces even the most jaded and our English friends promised to return during the futures tastings in Bordeaux organized by the UGC and many others including us.

Meanwhile the notes for the 2009 in the Wine Advocate and the Wine Spectator are available online to subscribers. James Molesworth tasted again and reviewed the notes of 2009 Bordeaux, nearly 1000 wines. Missing from James tasting are wines owners forgot to bring or send to the tasting location – around 200!

For my part, I'm quite proud of the wines made in 2009 and not worried about presenting them to well-known critics. In the event that my wine (or wines) received low scores or not appreciated enough, I will still try to prove otherwise by tasting my wines blind at the next opportunity. Concerning tastings, I am watching closely the one taking place in London by a group of wine merchants and a few journalists like Jancis Robinson and Neal Martin. This time the 2008 vintage was tasted by this British grand jury and what I find most interesting is to read (when I can) their notes, for some are totally allergic to modern wines. The average note is not the most important, but the opinion of these English merchants is certainly informative. Too bad that the same kind of event is not organized in Bordeaux. Are the English more curious? Courageous? Proud?
Well, the most important thing is that I know that one of my most loyal and important customer liked Valandraud 2008, for lack of what Valandraud needs in the UK to be distributed in restaurants and shops with Virginie de Valandraud, Bad Boy and other Thunevin-Calvet from the Roussillon.

No comments: