Sunday, August 28, 2011

RVF, garage wine and classification

They must change or die, by Philippe Maurange. This is a provocative title for an article which, after all, I found fairly positive, at least for Valandraud, Mondotte and Péby Faugères.
This title could work for anyone, remember the tremendous challenge 1855 classified Bordeaux from the Left Bank faced, forced to watch the world move in the 2000s, some of my very famous colleagues even admitted in public the benefits gained from the "garage wine" effect on the perception of "modern" wine: ripe grapes, sorting, etc.

The number of times I read that it was the end of garage wines reminded me the announcement of the end of Parker or the Michelin, wishful thinking, but in bad taste, so that I can take your place, as if there was not enough room for everyone. Talent in the art world seems to always come over time, as if those who lasted all had talent ... Nothing is simple.
I drank, once again, at my favorite banker’s place, owner of a beautiful dancer in the Fronsac, plenty of great wines with fine labels. The least known wine (forgot the name), American from Napa Valley, was much better than the famous 1986 super second we had, undrinkable because too concentrated - and this coming from me! - And this good cru from the right bank, but is it enough in terms of price and status claimed? (No name: I'll let you guess)

Tastes and colors cannot be argued.

As the blows and pains enjoyed by masochists, everything is based on our "education" and opinions "forced" by the "kill the father" brought up these days by journalists in the Revue du Vin de France that favors more "classical" wine and especially those less successful with Bettane and Desseauve or Parker or the Wine Spectator. Will Figeac be promoted this time to 1st Cru Classé A? Yes, if I believe the result of RVF in 2009 and 2008...

No comments: