Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Recently drank

During our meals in Paris, we drank the following wines :

Meursault Les Genièvres 2001 Comte de Lafon and Corton Charlemagne 1997 Leroy
Clos Vougeot 2006 : Anne Gros, Domaine D’Eugénie, Bernard Gros,
2003 vintage : Clos Vougeot de Denis Mortet, Haut Brion, and Chave Ermitage
And Cuvée Marius 2007 VDP Côtes Catalanes Sarda-Malet

I really liked Ermitage 2003 from Jean Louis Chave and was quite surprised by the cuvee Marius : Cabernets Sauvignons tasting like Merlots, good way to please me
I admit, I have a hard time with red Burgundies… Even if I enjoyed Denis Mortet’s wines, which needed a bit of time to blossom.

Yesterday, I attended a dinner at the Mercure in the Cite Mondiale du Vin in Bordeaux for the oenologist club and organized by Cyril Bleekert. Nice event, friendly atmosphere, with the theme on Saint Emilion. We drank:
Château Fombrauge blanc 2007, delicious
Château Fonrazade 2005, good
Château Riou de Thaillas 2006, very good
Virginie de Valandraud 2006, of course, very good
Château Sansonnet 2002, good
Château Villemaurine 2007, very good

No comments: